If you know me you know that I always stress the fact that everyone should have a newsletter for their business. It is crucial as it keeps you relevant and is another way your audience can connect with you and what your audience can expect from you in detail. This highlights your services so that your ideal client or candidate can see what services you are currently offering at that time. Do not worry if you feel you’re being annoying, I get this all the time , there are some that will unsubscribe but your ideal client will most likely stay and shop through more consistently through your newsletter, using it as a reminder and a helpful tool.
The benefits of having a newsletter.
Engagement With Your Audience
As a brand or influencer engaging with your audience is extremely important! Audiences value when they can feel connected to you and your brand. By having a newsletter you are creating another outlet for your audience to stay up to date and engaged with all your content and exciting endeavors. This will help you stay relevant and give your audience a sense of connection! Creating a vip list or first to know adds some importance that generates buzz and a special moment and sale for your client.
Increased Website/Platform Traffic
Another perk to having a newsletter is that you get to steer your audience to platforms or specific posts that you want them to see/interact with on your website. For example, let’s say you have an event coming up and you really want to get the buzz going about it. By having a newsletter you can begin highlighting your event way ahead of time along by adding an appropriate link or exciting graphic to get people excited to attend! You can also use the platform to direct a specific part of your website that shares specific information, product, brand or service, that increases your website traffic. While they are on your website for this specific link they also will be more chances to click around other parts of your website that could inspire them to add to their purchase thus increasing the initial reason and sale on your site.
As I have touched on before having a newsletter can help drive sales. By having a newsletter you know that your subscribers are your direct target audience. Essentially, it’s email marketing but you know that it is being delivered directly to your target audience. By you providing direct links to products or a campaign that you are involved it you are connecting directly with your audience who are most likely to purchase! On social Media its a post and pray that your audience sees what you are sharing, on your newsletter it is to ones that signed up specifically to make sure they do not miss anything. This is like a email raise of the hand that they like what you are providing, and it’s important you continue to use your newsletter emails to be a consistent resource that will become a constant sales tunnel.
Expands Your Audience
Having a Newsletter can grow your audience. This is essential to any brand or influencer as your audience is everything! According to MMMatters.con emails that contain your social media links ” have a much higher click-through rate when compared to those that don’t.” Meaning, by you providing your links to all your platforms in your newsletter, you will have an increased chance of connecting with say someone who only follows you on Instagram being able to find and connect with you on all your other platforms. Reaching new audiences is essential for any business to grow and reach new avenues!
- There are 4 billion daily email users.
- More than 40% of marketers saw budget cuts to email since the pandemic.
- 64% of small businesses use email marketing to reach customers.
- Nearly 1 in 5 email campaigns is not optimized for mobile devices.
- Marketers who use segmented campaigns note as much as a 760% increase in revenue.
- 35% of marketers send their customers 3-5 emails per week.
- 78% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement over the last 12 months.
- 4 out of 5 marketers said they’d rather give up social media than email marketing.
- 20% of retail, e-commerce, and consumer goods and services companies are personalizing emails based on gender, race, ethnicity.
- 74% of Baby Boomers think email is the most personal channel to communicate with brands.
- There are 4 billion daily email users. This number is expected to climb to 4.6 billion by 2025. (Statista, 2021)
- 64% of small businesses use email marketing to reach customers. (Campaign Monitor, 2021)
- Across all industries, the average email open rate is 19.8%, the click-through rate is 11.3%, and the bounce rate is 9.4%. (Constant Contact, 2021)
- 4 out of 5 marketers said they’d rather give up social media than email marketing. (Litmus, 2020)
- Globally, Fridays see the highest email open rates (nearly 19%), compared to the lowest open rates (17%) on Saturdays. (Campaign Monitor, 2021)
- 99% of email users check their inbox every day, with some checking 20 times a day. Of those people, 58% of consumers check their email first thing in the morning. (OptinMonster, 2020)
- Emails sent by independent artists, writers, and performers have the highest open rate at 34.4%, followed by education (34.1%) and travel and tourism (32.6%). (Constant Contact, 2021)
- On average, the highest email click-through rate goes to the Consulting services industry at 25%, with Administrative and Business Support services in second at 20%, and Home and Building services in third at nearly 19%. (Constant Contact, 2021)
- 59% of Millennials primarily use their smartphone to check email, while 67% of Generation Z scans their inbox on mobile. (Bluecore, 2021)
- 4% of Baby Boomers think email is the most personal channel to receive communications from brands, followed by 72% of Gen X, 64% of Millennials, and 60% of Gen Z. (Bluecore, 2021)
- 91% of women in the US use email, compared to 89% of men. (Statista, 2019)
As always if you are needing help with any of your marketing needs visit admediagroupllc.com for some more information and will be more than happy to assist you! If you have subjects you would like me to discuss or give tips on please leave in the comments!
As always the opinions are that of my own. This is post is not sponsored however some links may be monetized. All imagery is owned by Audrie Dollins of Audrie Dollins Media Group LLC